A user group is a specific group that has the ability to restrict users access to specific answer sets. The main functionality of a user group is to ensure that users cannot view answer sets when they are not a part of that group.
For example, if user A was a part of the user group ‘Admin’ and User B was a part of User Group ‘Support’
Then if User A wished to see an answer set from the support group, the answer set would not be visible to them, as they are not a member of that user group.
How do you create a user group?
To create a user group, only a user who has Admin rights will be able to complete the steps below:
• Sign into Disclose
• Select the ellipse to open the main menu
• Select Administration, then select User Groups
• Select the + icon at the top right-hand side of the web page
• Insert the name of the user group and select save
How do you add members to the User Group?
• Access Administration and select User Groups
• Hoover over the User Group you have created
• Select the drop-down arrow on the left-hand side
• Select edit members
• Under non-members, you should see a list of your users
• Select the + icon beside the user’s name which will add them to the user group as a current member
• Select save
How to assign a user’s profile to a single user group?
• Access Administration, select users
• Hoover over the user’s profile and select edit on the drop-down arrow beside their name
• Select User group, select the checkbox for the user group they have created.
• Then select User tab
• Under primary group, select the user group, they are assigned to
• Select save
How to assign a client to a user group?
• Select Clients from the main menu
• Hoover over the client you wish to restrict to the user group
• Select the drop-down arrow
• Select Edit
• Select the user group using the + icon, and ensure it is added to the security section
• Select Save